Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 11, 2013 at 3:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 11, 2013 at 03:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.99 meters/second, 1605.6 km/hour, 997.7 miles/hour or 866.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||North||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 28.1"||997.57 mi||West||0° 11' 54.7"||13.64 mi||North||997.83 mi|
|24 hours||11° 58' 47.2"||824.70 mi||East||4° 48' 04.2"||329.89 mi||North||890.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jayapura||Mon 12:34 PM||393 km||244 miles||212 nm||NNE|
|Mount Hagen||Mon 1:34 PM||589 km||366 miles||318 nm||E|
|Manokwari||Mon 12:34 PM||752 km||467 miles||406 nm||NW|
|Lae||Mon 1:34 PM||902 km||560 miles||487 nm||E|
|Port Moresby||Mon 1:34 PM||1007 km||626 miles||544 nm||ESE|
|Darwin||Mon 1:04 PM||1167 km||725 miles||630 nm||SW|
|Cairns||Mon 1:34 PM||1458 km||906 miles||787 nm||SSE|
|Dili||Mon 12:34 PM||1509 km||938 miles||815 nm||WSW|
|Melekeok||Mon 12:34 PM||1526 km||948 miles||824 nm||NNW|
|Manado||Mon 11:34 AM||1751 km||1088 miles||945 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.