Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, February 11, 2013 at 05:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 11, 2013 at 05:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.30 meters/second, 1606.7 km/hour, 998.4 miles/hour or 867.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.5"||16.64 mi||west||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||north||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 34.0"||998.27 mi||west||0° 11' 56.4"||13.67 mi||north||998.52 mi|
|24 hours||11° 56' 46.0"||822.86 mi||east||4° 48' 10.7"||330.01 mi||north||888.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Surabaya||Mon 12:20 PM||231 km||143 miles||125 nm||SSW|
|Banjarmasin||Mon 1:20 PM||256 km||159 miles||138 nm||NNE|
|Malang||Mon 12:20 PM||308 km||191 miles||166 nm||SSW|
|Kudus||Mon 12:20 PM||325 km||202 miles||175 nm||WSW|
|Madiun||Mon 12:20 PM||326 km||203 miles||176 nm||SW|
|Kediri||Mon 12:20 PM||327 km||203 miles||177 nm||SSW|
|Palangka Raya||Mon 12:20 PM||344 km||214 miles||186 nm||NNE|
|Singaraja||Mon 1:20 PM||372 km||231 miles||201 nm||SSE|
|Surakarta||Mon 12:20 PM||373 km||231 miles||201 nm||SW|
|Semarang||Mon 12:20 PM||374 km||232 miles||202 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.