Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 11, 2013 at 1:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 11, 2013 at 13:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.51 meters/second, 1611.0 km/hour, 1001.1 miles/hour or 869.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.9"||16.68 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||North||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 59.4"||1000.98 mi||West||0° 12' 01.4"||13.77 mi||North||1001.18 mi|
|24 hours||11° 47' 59.0"||814.58 mi||East||4° 47' 32.0"||329.26 mi||North||879.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Harper||Mon 1:34 PM||903 km||561 miles||487 nm||NNW|
|Abidjan||Mon 1:34 PM||1013 km||629 miles||547 nm||NNE|
|Yamoussoukro||Mon 1:34 PM||1157 km||719 miles||624 nm||N|
|Accra||Mon 1:34 PM||1202 km||747 miles||649 nm||NNE|
|Monrovia||Mon 1:34 PM||1219 km||758 miles||658 nm||NNW|
|Lomé||Mon 1:34 PM||1346 km||836 miles||727 nm||NE|
|Jamestown||Mon 1:34 PM||1362 km||847 miles||736 nm||S|
|Porto Novo||Mon 2:34 PM||1474 km||916 miles||796 nm||NE|
|São Tomé||Mon 1:34 PM||1486 km||923 miles||802 nm||ENE|
|Lagos||Mon 2:34 PM||1525 km||948 miles||824 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.