Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 11, 2013 at 1:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 11, 2013 at 13:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.54 meters/second, 1611.2 km/hour, 1001.1 miles/hour or 870.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.9"||16.68 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||North||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 00.2"||1001.05 mi||West||0° 12' 01.5"||13.77 mi||North||1001.25 mi|
|24 hours||11° 47' 43.0"||814.32 mi||East||4° 47' 28.7"||329.21 mi||North||879.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|San Pédro||Mon 1:50 PM||987 km||613 miles||533 nm||NNE|
|Monrovia||Mon 1:50 PM||1097 km||681 miles||592 nm||N|
|Abidjan||Mon 1:50 PM||1180 km||733 miles||637 nm||NNE|
|Yamoussoukro||Mon 1:50 PM||1257 km||781 miles||679 nm||NNE|
|Freetown||Mon 1:50 PM||1382 km||859 miles||746 nm||NNW|
|Jamestown||Mon 1:50 PM||1442 km||896 miles||779 nm||SSE|
|Accra||Mon 1:50 PM||1475 km||917 miles||796 nm||NE|
|Conakry||Mon 1:50 PM||1506 km||936 miles||813 nm||NNW|
|Lome||Mon 1:50 PM||1636 km||1016 miles||883 nm||NE|
|Porto Novo||Mon 2:50 PM||1781 km||1106 miles||961 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.