Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, February 11, 2013 at 15:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 11, 2013 at 15:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.75 meters/second, 1611.9 km/hour, 1001.6 miles/hour or 870.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.0"||16.69 mi||west||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||north||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 05.4"||1001.51 mi||west||0° 12' 01.9"||13.78 mi||north||1001.70 mi|
|24 hours||11° 46' 00.5"||812.65 mi||east||4° 47' 05.9"||328.77 mi||north||877.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Natal||Mon 12:34 PM||284 km||176 miles||153 nm||S|
|Fernando de Noronha||Mon 1:34 PM||301 km||187 miles||162 nm||ESE|
|Fortaleza||Mon 12:34 PM||399 km||248 miles||215 nm||W|
|Recife||Mon 12:34 PM||541 km||336 miles||292 nm||S|
|Salvador||Mon 12:34 PM||1144 km||711 miles||618 nm||SSW|
|Belém||Mon 12:34 PM||1508 km||937 miles||814 nm||W|
|Brasilia *||Mon 1:34 PM||1979 km||1230 miles||1069 nm||SW|
|Cayenne||Mon 12:34 PM||2124 km||1320 miles||1147 nm||WNW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Mon 1:34 PM||2356 km||1464 miles||1272 nm||SSW|
|Praia||Mon 2:34 PM||2373 km||1475 miles||1281 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.