Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, February 11, 2013 at 15:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 11, 2013 at 15:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.75 meters/second, 1611.9 km/hour, 1001.6 miles/hour or 870.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.0"||16.69 mi||west||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||north||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 05.4"||1001.58 mi||west||0° 12' 01.9"||13.78 mi||north||1001.77 mi|
|24 hours||11° 45' 59.6"||812.69 mi||east||4° 47' 05.7"||328.79 mi||north||877.56 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Natal||Mon 12:34 PM||283 km||176 miles||153 nm||S|
|Fernando de Noronha||Mon 1:34 PM||330 km||205 miles||178 nm||ESE|
|Fortaleza||Mon 12:34 PM||369 km||229 miles||199 nm||W|
|Recife||Mon 12:34 PM||543 km||337 miles||293 nm||S|
|Salvador||Mon 12:34 PM||1135 km||705 miles||613 nm||SSW|
|Belém||Mon 12:34 PM||1479 km||919 miles||798 nm||W|
|Brasilia *||Mon 1:34 PM||1959 km||1217 miles||1058 nm||SW|
|Cayenne||Mon 12:34 PM||2097 km||1303 miles||1132 nm||WNW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Mon 1:34 PM||2346 km||1458 miles||1267 nm||SSW|
|Praia||Mon 2:34 PM||2389 km||1484 miles||1290 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.