Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 11, 2013 at 6:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 11, 2013 at 18:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.08 meters/second, 1613.1 km/hour, 1002.3 miles/hour or 871.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 14.6"||1002.26 mi||West||0° 12' 02.1"||13.78 mi||North||1002.43 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 55.3"||809.56 mi||East||4° 46' 10.0"||327.70 mi||North||873.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Portoviejo||Mon 1:50 PM||274 km||170 miles||148 nm||NE|
|Guayaquil||Mon 1:50 PM||282 km||175 miles||152 nm||E|
|Loja||Mon 1:50 PM||390 km||243 miles||211 nm||ESE|
|Santo Domingo (Ecuador)||Mon 1:50 PM||441 km||274 miles||238 nm||NE|
|Ambato||Mon 1:50 PM||445 km||277 miles||240 nm||ENE|
|Esmeraldas||Mon 1:50 PM||496 km||308 miles||268 nm||NE|
|Quito||Mon 1:50 PM||505 km||314 miles||273 nm||ENE|
|Galapagos Islands||Mon 12:50 PM||821 km||510 miles||443 nm||WNW|
|Florencia||Mon 1:50 PM||887 km||551 miles||479 nm||ENE|
|Cali||Mon 1:50 PM||932 km||579 miles||503 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.