Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 11, 2013 at 7:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 11, 2013 at 19:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.15 meters/second, 1613.3 km/hour, 1002.5 miles/hour or 871.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 16.5"||1002.41 mi||West||0° 12' 02.0"||13.78 mi||North||1002.58 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 15.3"||808.88 mi||East||4° 45' 55.2"||327.42 mi||North||873.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Mon 1:34 PM||418 km||260 miles||226 nm||ENE|
|Guayaquil||Mon 2:34 PM||1463 km||909 miles||790 nm||E|
|Quito||Mon 2:34 PM||1635 km||1016 miles||883 nm||E|
|San Jose||Mon 1:34 PM||1688 km||1049 miles||912 nm||NE|
|Managua||Mon 1:34 PM||1776 km||1104 miles||959 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Mon 1:34 PM||1831 km||1138 miles||989 nm||NNE|
|Santa Ana||Mon 1:34 PM||1854 km||1152 miles||1001 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Mon 1:34 PM||1903 km||1182 miles||1027 nm||N|
|Tegucigalpa||Mon 1:34 PM||1936 km||1203 miles||1045 nm||NNE|
|Cali||Mon 2:34 PM||1950 km||1212 miles||1053 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.