Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 11, 2013 at 7:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 11, 2013 at 19:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.16 meters/second, 1613.4 km/hour, 1002.5 miles/hour or 871.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 16.9"||1002.43 mi||West||0° 12' 02.0"||13.78 mi||North||1002.59 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 09.8"||808.79 mi||East||4° 45' 53.2"||327.38 mi||North||872.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Mon 1:40 PM||569 km||354 miles||307 nm||ENE|
|Guayaquil||Mon 2:40 PM||1624 km||1009 miles||877 nm||E|
|San Jose||Mon 1:40 PM||1786 km||1110 miles||964 nm||NE|
|Quito||Mon 2:40 PM||1795 km||1115 miles||969 nm||E|
|Managua||Mon 1:40 PM||1848 km||1148 miles||998 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Mon 1:40 PM||1873 km||1164 miles||1011 nm||NNE|
|Santa Ana||Mon 1:40 PM||1892 km||1176 miles||1022 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Mon 1:40 PM||1930 km||1199 miles||1042 nm||NNE|
|Tegucigalpa||Mon 1:40 PM||1993 km||1238 miles||1076 nm||NNE|
|Panama||Mon 2:40 PM||2084 km||1295 miles||1125 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.