Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 11, 2013 at 7:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 11, 2013 at 19:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.17 meters/second, 1613.4 km/hour, 1002.5 miles/hour or 871.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 17.3"||1002.46 mi||West||0° 12' 02.0"||13.78 mi||North||1002.63 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 00.8"||808.63 mi||East||4° 45' 49.7"||327.31 mi||North||872.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Mon 1:50 PM||830 km||515 miles||448 nm||E|
|Guayaquil||Mon 2:50 PM||1893 km||1176 miles||1022 nm||E|
|San Jose||Mon 1:50 PM||1967 km||1222 miles||1062 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Mon 1:50 PM||1969 km||1224 miles||1063 nm||NNE|
|Santa Ana||Mon 1:50 PM||1982 km||1232 miles||1070 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Mon 1:50 PM||1990 km||1237 miles||1075 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Mon 1:50 PM||2004 km||1245 miles||1082 nm||NNE|
|Quito||Mon 2:50 PM||2061 km||1281 miles||1113 nm||E|
|Tegucigalpa||Mon 1:50 PM||2111 km||1312 miles||1140 nm||NNE|
|Acapulco||Mon 1:50 PM||2150 km||1336 miles||1161 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.