Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 11, 2013 at 8:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 11, 2013 at 20:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.19 meters/second, 1613.5 km/hour, 1002.6 miles/hour or 871.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 17.7"||1002.49 mi||West||0° 12' 01.9"||13.78 mi||North||1002.66 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 51.7"||808.48 mi||East||4° 45' 46.0"||327.24 mi||North||872.59 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Mon 2:00 PM||1094 km||680 miles||591 nm||E|
|San Salvador||Mon 2:00 PM||2096 km||1302 miles||1131 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Mon 2:00 PM||2109 km||1311 miles||1139 nm||NNE|
|Acapulco||Mon 2:00 PM||2122 km||1319 miles||1146 nm||N|
|Managua||Mon 2:00 PM||2157 km||1340 miles||1165 nm||NE|
|Guayaquil||Mon 3:00 PM||2162 km||1343 miles||1167 nm||E|
|San Jose||Mon 2:00 PM||2167 km||1346 miles||1170 nm||NE|
|Tegucigalpa||Mon 2:00 PM||2255 km||1401 miles||1218 nm||NE|
|Quito||Mon 3:00 PM||2329 km||1447 miles||1257 nm||E|
|Mexico City||Mon 2:00 PM||2405 km||1495 miles||1299 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.