Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, February 11, 2013 at 21:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 11, 2013 at 21:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.32 meters/second, 1613.9 km/hour, 1002.9 miles/hour or 871.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.71 mi||west||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||north||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 21.9"||1002.78 mi||west||0° 12' 01.6"||13.77 mi||north||1002.94 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 28.2"||807.04 mi||east||4° 45' 10.8"||326.57 mi||north||870.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Mon 1:34 PM||2694 km||1674 miles||1455 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island *||Mon 4:34 PM||3089 km||1920 miles||1668 nm||SSE|
|Mexico City||Mon 3:34 PM||3450 km||2144 miles||1863 nm||NE|
|Papeete||Mon 11:34 AM||3463 km||2152 miles||1870 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Mon 3:34 PM||3614 km||2246 miles||1951 nm||E|
|Hermosillo||Mon 2:34 PM||3636 km||2260 miles||1963 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Mon 3:34 PM||3931 km||2443 miles||2122 nm||ENE|
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:34 AM||3950 km||2454 miles||2133 nm||W|
|Los Angeles||Mon 1:34 PM||4011 km||2492 miles||2166 nm||N|
|San Salvador||Mon 3:34 PM||4021 km||2499 miles||2171 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.