Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 12:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 00:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.52 meters/second, 1614.7 km/hour, 1003.3 miles/hour or 871.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||North||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 29.7"||1003.24 mi||West||0° 12' 00.6"||13.75 mi||North||1003.38 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 55.0"||804.35 mi||East||4° 43' 52.9"||325.09 mi||North||867.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rawaki||Tue 1:34 PM||626 km||389 miles||338 nm||WSW|
|Kanton Island||Tue 1:34 PM||696 km||432 miles||376 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 2:34 PM||986 km||613 miles||533 nm||ENE|
|Fakaofo||Tue 1:34 PM||1078 km||670 miles||582 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Mon 12:34 PM||1226 km||762 miles||662 nm||W|
|Apia *||Tue 2:34 PM||1534 km||953 miles||828 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Tue 12:34 PM||1862 km||1157 miles||1005 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Mon 1:34 PM||2009 km||1248 miles||1085 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 2:34 PM||2282 km||1418 miles||1232 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Tue 12:34 PM||2405 km||1494 miles||1299 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.