Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 1:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 01:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.58 meters/second, 1614.9 kilometres/hour, 1003.4 miles/hour or 872.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||North||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 32.2"||1003.37 mi||West||0° 12' 00.1"||13.74 mi||North||1003.50 mi|
|24 hours||348° 22' 53.9"||803.47 mi||West||4° 43' 24.1"||324.54 mi||North||866.34 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Mon 1:34 PM||430 km||267 miles||232 nm||ENE|
|Howland Island||Mon 1:34 PM||446 km||277 miles||241 nm||ENE|
|Tabiteuea||Tue 1:34 PM||575 km||357 miles||311 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Tue 1:34 PM||813 km||505 miles||439 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Tue 1:34 PM||823 km||511 miles||444 nm||WNW|
|Kanton Island||Tue 2:34 PM||952 km||592 miles||514 nm||E|
|Majuro||Tue 1:34 PM||1319 km||820 miles||712 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 2:34 PM||1335 km||829 miles||721 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Tue 1:34 PM||1448 km||900 miles||782 nm||W|
|Apia *||Tue 3:34 PM||1670 km||1038 miles||902 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.