Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 1:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 01:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.59 meters/second, 1614.9 km/hour, 1003.5 miles/hour or 872.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||North||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 32.6"||1003.39 mi||West||0° 12' 00.0"||13.74 mi||North||1003.52 mi|
|24 hours||348° 23' 02.0"||803.32 mi||West||4° 43' 19.2"||324.44 mi||North||866.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tabiteuea||Tue 1:44 PM||306 km||190 miles||165 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Tue 1:44 PM||577 km||358 miles||311 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Mon 1:44 PM||687 km||427 miles||371 nm||ENE|
|Funafuti||Tue 1:44 PM||834 km||518 miles||450 nm||SSE|
|Majuro||Tue 1:44 PM||1139 km||707 miles||615 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Tue 1:44 PM||1179 km||733 miles||637 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Tue 2:44 PM||1545 km||960 miles||834 nm||SE|
|Apia *||Tue 3:44 PM||1832 km||1139 miles||989 nm||SE|
|Suva||Tue 1:44 PM||1879 km||1168 miles||1015 nm||S|
|Port Vila||Tue 12:44 PM||2090 km||1299 miles||1128 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.