Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 02:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 02:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.62 meters/second, 1615.0 km/hour, 1003.5 miles/hour or 872.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.73 mi||west||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||north||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 33.8"||1003.52 mi||west||0° 11' 59.8"||13.74 mi||north||1003.65 mi|
|24 hours||348° 23' 27.1"||802.93 mi||west||4° 43' 03.5"||324.17 mi||north||865.63 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yaren||Tue 2:14 PM||345 km||215 miles||186 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Tue 2:14 PM||435 km||270 miles||235 nm||NE|
|Majuro||Tue 2:14 PM||919 km||571 miles||496 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Tue 2:14 PM||1315 km||817 miles||710 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Tue 1:14 PM||1444 km||897 miles||780 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Mon 2:14 PM||1515 km||941 miles||818 nm||E|
|Palikir||Tue 1:14 PM||1581 km||982 miles||854 nm||NW|
|Port Vila||Tue 1:14 PM||1852 km||1151 miles||1000 nm||S|
|Suva||Tue 2:14 PM||2102 km||1306 miles||1135 nm||SSE|
|Fakaofo||Tue 3:14 PM||2275 km||1414 miles||1228 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.