Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 2:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 02:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.61 meters/second, 1615.0 km/hour, 1003.5 miles/hour or 872.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||North||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 33.8"||1003.45 mi||West||0° 11' 59.8"||13.74 mi||North||1003.58 mi|
|24 hours||348° 23' 26.2"||802.89 mi||West||4° 43' 04.1"||324.15 mi||North||865.59 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yaren||Tue 2:14 PM||375 km||233 miles||202 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Tue 2:14 PM||412 km||256 miles||223 nm||NE|
|Majuro||Tue 2:14 PM||915 km||569 miles||494 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Tue 2:14 PM||1291 km||802 miles||697 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Tue 1:14 PM||1467 km||912 miles||792 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Mon 2:14 PM||1485 km||923 miles||802 nm||E|
|Palikir||Tue 1:14 PM||1606 km||998 miles||867 nm||WNW|
|Port Vila||Tue 1:14 PM||1855 km||1153 miles||1002 nm||S|
|Suva||Tue 2:14 PM||2089 km||1298 miles||1128 nm||SSE|
|Fakaofo||Tue 3:14 PM||2247 km||1396 miles||1213 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.