Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 2:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 02:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.62 meters/second, 1615.0 km/hour, 1003.5 miles/hour or 872.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||North||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 34.3"||1003.47 mi||West||0° 11' 59.7"||13.74 mi||North||1003.59 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 25.6"||802.74 mi||East||4° 42' 59.0"||324.06 mi||North||865.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yaren||Tue 2:24 PM||114 km||71 miles||62 nm||WNW|
|Tarawa||Tue 2:24 PM||637 km||396 miles||344 nm||ENE|
|Tabiteuea||Tue 2:24 PM||771 km||479 miles||416 nm||E|
|Majuro||Tue 2:24 PM||982 km||610 miles||530 nm||NNE|
|Honiara||Tue 1:24 PM||1273 km||791 miles||687 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Tue 1:24 PM||1388 km||862 miles||749 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Tue 2:24 PM||1508 km||937 miles||814 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Mon 2:24 PM||1753 km||1089 miles||946 nm||E|
|Port Vila||Tue 1:24 PM||1848 km||1148 miles||998 nm||S|
|Suva||Tue 2:24 PM||2218 km||1378 miles||1198 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.