Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 2:54:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 02:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.65 meters/second, 1615.1 km/hour, 1003.6 miles/hour or 872.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||North||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 35.4"||1003.52 mi||West||0° 11' 59.4"||13.73 mi||North||1003.64 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 01.9"||802.31 mi||East||4° 42' 43.4"||323.76 mi||North||864.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yaren||Tue 2:54 PM||708 km||440 miles||383 nm||E|
|Arawa||Tue 12:54 PM||807 km||501 miles||436 nm||SW|
|Buka||Tue 12:54 PM||822 km||511 miles||444 nm||SW|
|Gizo||Tue 1:54 PM||894 km||555 miles||483 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Tue 1:54 PM||909 km||565 miles||491 nm||NNW|
|Honiara||Tue 1:54 PM||942 km||585 miles||508 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Tue 2:54 PM||1408 km||875 miles||760 nm||E|
|Majuro||Tue 2:54 PM||1493 km||928 miles||806 nm||NE|
|Port Moresby||Tue 12:54 PM||1756 km||1091 miles||948 nm||WSW|
|Port Vila||Tue 1:54 PM||2043 km||1269 miles||1103 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.