Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 3:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 03:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.66 meters/second, 1615.2 kilometres/hour, 1003.6 miles/hour or 872.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||North||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 36.3"||1003.56 mi||West||0° 11' 59.2"||13.73 mi||North||1003.68 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 46.2"||802.02 mi||East||4° 42' 32.9"||323.56 mi||North||864.46 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Buka||Tue 1:14 PM||518 km||322 miles||280 nm||SSW|
|Rabaul||Tue 1:14 PM||541 km||336 miles||292 nm||SW|
|Arawa||Tue 1:14 PM||593 km||368 miles||320 nm||S|
|Gizo||Tue 2:14 PM||809 km||503 miles||437 nm||S|
|Palikir||Tue 2:14 PM||903 km||561 miles||488 nm||NNE|
|Kolonia||Tue 2:14 PM||909 km||565 miles||491 nm||NNE|
|Weno||Tue 1:14 PM||1017 km||632 miles||549 nm||NNW|
|Honiara||Tue 2:14 PM||1056 km||656 miles||570 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Tue 3:14 PM||1246 km||774 miles||673 nm||E|
|Port Moresby||Tue 1:14 PM||1340 km||833 miles||724 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.