Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 3:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 03:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.68 meters/second, 1615.2 km/hour, 1003.7 miles/hour or 872.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||North||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 37.1"||1003.59 mi||West||0° 11' 59.0"||13.72 mi||North||1003.71 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 30.5"||801.74 mi||East||4° 42' 22.1"||323.35 mi||North||864.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Buka||Tue 1:34 PM||662 km||411 miles||357 nm||SE|
|Lae||Tue 1:34 PM||786 km||489 miles||425 nm||SSW|
|Arawa||Tue 1:34 PM||793 km||493 miles||428 nm||SE|
|Weno||Tue 1:34 PM||919 km||571 miles||496 nm||N|
|Mount Hagen||Tue 1:34 PM||928 km||576 miles||501 nm||SW|
|Port Moresby||Tue 1:34 PM||1041 km||647 miles||562 nm||SSW|
|Jayapura||Tue 12:34 PM||1150 km||715 miles||621 nm||W|
|Palikir||Tue 2:34 PM||1175 km||730 miles||635 nm||NE|
|Honiara||Tue 2:34 PM||1384 km||860 miles||748 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Tue 1:34 PM||1719 km||1068 miles||928 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.