Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 04:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 04:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.70 meters/second, 1615.3 km/hour, 1003.7 miles/hour or 872.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.73 mi||west||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||north||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 38.7"||1003.72 mi||west||0° 11' 58.5"||13.71 mi||north||1003.83 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 58.7"||801.20 mi||east||4° 41' 59.7"||322.95 mi||north||863.37 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jayapura||Tue 1:14 PM||209 km||130 miles||113 nm||S|
|Mount Hagen||Tue 2:14 PM||680 km||422 miles||367 nm||SSE|
|Manokwari||Tue 1:14 PM||767 km||477 miles||414 nm||W|
|Lae||Tue 2:14 PM||948 km||589 miles||512 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Tue 1:14 PM||1145 km||711 miles||618 nm||NW|
|Port Moresby||Tue 2:14 PM||1192 km||741 miles||643 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Tue 2:14 PM||1620 km||1006 miles||874 nm||NNE|
|Darwin||Tue 1:44 PM||1717 km||1067 miles||927 nm||SW|
|Manado||Tue 12:14 PM||1810 km||1124 miles||977 nm||W|
|Cairns||Tue 2:14 PM||1874 km||1164 miles||1012 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.