Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 4:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 04:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.72 meters/second, 1615.4 km/hour, 1003.7 miles/hour or 872.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||North||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 39.4"||1003.68 mi||West||0° 11' 58.3"||13.71 mi||North||1003.79 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 44.3"||800.88 mi||East||4° 41' 49.2"||322.72 mi||North||862.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Manokwari||Tue 1:34 PM||260 km||162 miles||141 nm||W|
|Jayapura||Tue 1:34 PM||526 km||327 miles||284 nm||ESE|
|Melekeok||Tue 1:34 PM||918 km||570 miles||495 nm||NNW|
|Ambon||Tue 1:34 PM||975 km||606 miles||526 nm||WSW|
|Sofifi||Tue 1:34 PM||994 km||618 miles||537 nm||W|
|Ternate||Tue 1:34 PM||1014 km||630 miles||547 nm||W|
|Manado||Tue 12:34 PM||1306 km||812 miles||705 nm||W|
|Darwin||Tue 2:04 PM||1447 km||899 miles||781 nm||SSW|
|General Santos||Tue 12:34 PM||1451 km||901 miles||783 nm||WNW|
|Davao||Tue 12:34 PM||1467 km||912 miles||792 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.