Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 7:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 07:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.80 meters/second, 1615.7 km/hour, 1003.9 miles/hour or 872.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||North||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 45.9"||1003.86 mi||West||0° 11' 56.1"||13.67 mi||North||1003.95 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 41.2"||798.56 mi||East||4° 40' 10.5"||320.84 mi||North||859.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pematangsiantar||Tue 2:20 PM||458 km||285 miles||247 nm||NE|
|Padang||Tue 2:20 PM||469 km||292 miles||253 nm||ESE|
|Medan||Tue 2:20 PM||485 km||302 miles||262 nm||NNE|
|Pekanbaru||Tue 2:20 PM||584 km||363 miles||315 nm||E|
|Banda Aceh||Tue 2:20 PM||629 km||391 miles||340 nm||N|
|Kuala Lumpur||Tue 3:20 PM||704 km||437 miles||380 nm||ENE|
|Ipoh||Tue 3:20 PM||748 km||465 miles||404 nm||NE|
|Bengkulu||Tue 2:20 PM||787 km||489 miles||425 nm||ESE|
|Jambi||Tue 2:20 PM||839 km||521 miles||453 nm||ESE|
|Johor Bahru||Tue 3:20 PM||855 km||531 miles||461 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.