Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 1:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 13:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.82 meters/second, 1615.7 km/hour, 1004.0 miles/hour or 872.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.23 mi||North||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 59.1"||1003.90 mi||West||0° 11' 49.3"||13.54 mi||North||1003.95 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 30.9"||793.58 mi||East||4° 35' 50.7"||315.89 mi||North||852.75 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|São Tomé||Tue 1:34 PM||142 km||88 miles||77 nm||SE|
|Santo António (Príncipe)||Tue 1:34 PM||191 km||119 miles||103 nm||ENE|
|Port-Gentil||Tue 2:34 PM||397 km||247 miles||215 nm||ESE|
|Libreville||Tue 2:34 PM||420 km||261 miles||227 nm||ESE|
|Port Harcourt||Tue 2:34 PM||425 km||264 miles||229 nm||NNE|
|Malabo||Tue 2:34 PM||440 km||273 miles||237 nm||NE|
|Bata||Tue 2:34 PM||451 km||280 miles||244 nm||E|
|Uyo||Tue 2:34 PM||489 km||304 miles||264 nm||NNE|
|Owerri||Tue 2:34 PM||496 km||308 miles||268 nm||NNE|
|Douala||Tue 2:34 PM||540 km||336 miles||292 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.