Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 3:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 15:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.78 meters/second, 1615.6 km/hour, 1003.9 miles/hour or 872.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||North||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 03.1"||1003.81 mi||West||0° 11' 46.6"||13.49 mi||North||1003.85 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 18.4"||792.06 mi||East||4° 34' 16.8"||314.10 mi||North||850.48 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Freetown||Tue 3:34 PM||1349 km||838 miles||729 nm||NE|
|Conakry||Tue 3:34 PM||1375 km||854 miles||742 nm||NE|
|Bissau||Tue 3:34 PM||1419 km||882 miles||766 nm||NE|
|Praia||Tue 2:34 PM||1476 km||917 miles||797 nm||N|
|Monrovia||Tue 3:34 PM||1480 km||919 miles||799 nm||ENE|
|Banjul||Tue 3:34 PM||1506 km||936 miles||813 nm||NNE|
|Dakar||Tue 3:34 PM||1584 km||985 miles||856 nm||NNE|
|Recife||Tue 12:34 PM||1675 km||1041 miles||905 nm||SW|
|Fortaleza||Tue 12:34 PM||1803 km||1120 miles||973 nm||WSW|
|Nouakchott||Tue 3:34 PM||1992 km||1238 miles||1076 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.