Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 8:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 20:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.58 meters/second, 1614.9 km/hour, 1003.4 miles/hour or 872.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 12.3"||1003.37 mi||West||0° 11' 39.0"||13.34 mi||North||1003.38 mi|
|24 hours||11° 24' 33.2"||788.41 mi||East||4° 30' 00.4"||309.22 mi||North||844.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Tue 2:34 PM||795 km||494 miles||429 nm||ESE|
|San Salvador||Tue 2:34 PM||1435 km||891 miles||775 nm||NNE|
|Santa Ana||Tue 2:34 PM||1443 km||897 miles||779 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Tue 2:34 PM||1457 km||905 miles||787 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Tue 2:34 PM||1499 km||932 miles||810 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Tue 2:34 PM||1537 km||955 miles||830 nm||ENE|
|Tegucigalpa||Tue 2:34 PM||1593 km||990 miles||860 nm||NE|
|Acapulco||Tue 2:34 PM||1643 km||1021 miles||887 nm||NNW|
|Belmopan||Tue 2:34 PM||1801 km||1119 miles||973 nm||NNE|
|Veracruz||Tue 2:34 PM||1842 km||1145 miles||995 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.