Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 11:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 23:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.40 meters/second, 1614.2 km/hour, 1003.0 miles/hour or 871.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 17.2"||1002.96 mi||West||0° 11' 33.7"||13.24 mi||North||1002.96 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 05.2"||786.32 mi||East||4° 27' 12.5"||306.02 mi||North||841.48 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 1:34 PM||1997 km||1241 miles||1078 nm||W|
|Papeete||Tue 1:34 PM||2542 km||1580 miles||1373 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 1:34 PM||2833 km||1761 miles||1530 nm||NW|
|Adamstown||Tue 3:34 PM||3278 km||2037 miles||1770 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Tue 1:34 PM||3491 km||2169 miles||1885 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 12:34 PM||3786 km||2353 miles||2044 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Wed 1:34 PM||4034 km||2507 miles||2178 nm||WSW|
|Los Angeles||Tue 3:34 PM||4067 km||2527 miles||2196 nm||NNE|
|Baker Island||Tue 11:34 AM||4135 km||2570 miles||2233 nm||W|
|Alofi||Tue 12:34 PM||4144 km||2575 miles||2238 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.