Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 12:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 00:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.34 meters/second, 1614.0 km/hour, 1002.9 miles/hour or 871.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 18.5"||1002.83 mi||West||0° 11' 32.1"||13.21 mi||North||1002.82 mi|
|24 hours||11° 22' 42.1"||785.76 mi||East||4° 26' 24.0"||305.09 mi||North||840.55 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 2:24 PM||665 km||413 miles||359 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 2:24 PM||2108 km||1310 miles||1138 nm||NNW|
|Papeete||Tue 2:24 PM||2313 km||1438 miles||1249 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Wed 1:24 PM||2596 km||1613 miles||1402 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Tue 12:24 PM||2797 km||1738 miles||1510 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Tue 2:24 PM||2858 km||1776 miles||1543 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Wed 2:24 PM||2930 km||1821 miles||1582 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Tue 1:24 PM||3188 km||1981 miles||1722 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Wed 12:24 PM||3501 km||2175 miles||1890 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 1:24 PM||3737 km||2322 miles||2018 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.