Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 12:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 00:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.33 meters/second, 1614.0 kilometres/hour, 1002.9 miles/hour or 871.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 18.8"||1002.80 mi||West||0° 11' 31.8"||13.20 mi||North||1002.79 mi|
|24 hours||11° 22' 37.5"||785.64 mi||East||4° 26' 14.2"||304.90 mi||North||840.36 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 2:34 PM||410 km||255 miles||221 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 2:34 PM||2035 km||1264 miles||1099 nm||NNW|
|Papeete||Tue 2:34 PM||2357 km||1464 miles||1272 nm||SSE|
|Fakaofo||Wed 1:34 PM||2374 km||1475 miles||1282 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Tue 12:34 PM||2531 km||1573 miles||1366 nm||W|
|Apia *||Wed 2:34 PM||2734 km||1699 miles||1476 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 2:34 PM||2790 km||1734 miles||1506 nm||SSW|
|Alofi||Tue 1:34 PM||3031 km||1884 miles||1637 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Wed 12:34 PM||3256 km||2023 miles||1758 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 1:34 PM||3563 km||2214 miles||1924 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.