Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 00:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 00:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.32 meters/second, 1613.9 km/hour, 1002.9 miles/hour or 871.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.71 mi||west||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||north||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 19.2"||1002.77 mi||west||0° 11' 31.5"||13.20 mi||north||1002.76 mi|
|24 hours||11° 22' 32.6"||785.52 mi||east||4° 26' 03.1"||304.70 mi||north||840.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 2:44 PM||183 km||113 miles||99 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 2:44 PM||1990 km||1237 miles||1075 nm||N|
|Fakaofo||Wed 1:44 PM||2146 km||1333 miles||1159 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Tue 12:44 PM||2235 km||1389 miles||1207 nm||W|
|Papeete||Tue 2:44 PM||2438 km||1515 miles||1316 nm||SSE|
|Apia *||Wed 2:44 PM||2532 km||1573 miles||1367 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 2:44 PM||2742 km||1704 miles||1481 nm||S|
|Alofi||Tue 1:44 PM||2874 km||1786 miles||1552 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Wed 12:44 PM||2985 km||1855 miles||1612 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 1:44 PM||3383 km||2102 miles||1826 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.