Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 2:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 02:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.19 meters/second, 1613.5 km/hour, 1002.6 miles/hour or 871.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 21.7"||1002.48 mi||West||0° 11' 28.3"||13.14 mi||North||1002.46 mi|
|24 hours||348° 38' 10.5"||784.42 mi||West||4° 24' 24.2"||302.81 mi||North||838.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Tue 2:24 PM||596 km||370 miles||322 nm||SE|
|Tarawa||Wed 2:24 PM||758 km||471 miles||409 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Wed 2:24 PM||969 km||602 miles||523 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Wed 2:24 PM||1349 km||838 miles||728 nm||S|
|Yaren||Wed 2:24 PM||1468 km||912 miles||793 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 3:24 PM||1777 km||1104 miles||960 nm||SE|
|Apia *||Wed 4:24 PM||2167 km||1346 miles||1170 nm||SSE|
|Wake Island||Wed 2:24 PM||2216 km||1377 miles||1197 nm||NW|
|Palikir||Wed 1:24 PM||2384 km||1482 miles||1287 nm||W|
|Suva||Wed 2:24 PM||2415 km||1501 miles||1304 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.