Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 02:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 02:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.18 meters/second, 1613.5 km/hour, 1002.6 miles/hour or 871.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.71 mi||west||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||north||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 21.7"||1002.55 mi||west||0° 11' 28.2"||13.14 mi||north||1002.52 mi|
|24 hours||348° 38' 11.0"||784.47 mi||west||4° 24' 23.1"||302.81 mi||north||838.36 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Tue 2:24 PM||620 km||385 miles||335 nm||SE|
|Tarawa||Wed 2:24 PM||729 km||453 miles||394 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Wed 2:24 PM||962 km||598 miles||519 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Wed 2:24 PM||1349 km||838 miles||728 nm||S|
|Yaren||Wed 2:24 PM||1440 km||895 miles||777 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 3:24 PM||1794 km||1115 miles||969 nm||SE|
|Apia *||Wed 4:24 PM||2180 km||1355 miles||1177 nm||SSE|
|Wake Island||Wed 2:24 PM||2198 km||1366 miles||1187 nm||NW|
|Palikir||Wed 1:24 PM||2354 km||1463 miles||1271 nm||W|
|Suva||Wed 2:24 PM||2414 km||1500 miles||1304 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.