Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 2:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 02:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.16 meters/second, 1613.4 km/hour, 1002.5 miles/hour or 871.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 22.1"||1002.42 mi||West||0° 11' 27.6"||13.12 mi||North||1002.39 mi|
|24 hours||348° 38' 19.0"||784.21 mi||West||4° 24' 03.9"||302.42 mi||North||837.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tarawa||Wed 2:44 PM||312 km||194 miles||168 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Wed 2:44 PM||514 km||319 miles||277 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Wed 2:44 PM||976 km||606 miles||527 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Tue 2:44 PM||1068 km||664 miles||577 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Wed 2:44 PM||1449 km||900 miles||782 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Wed 1:44 PM||1854 km||1152 miles||1001 nm||WNW|
|Wake Island||Wed 2:44 PM||1924 km||1196 miles||1039 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 3:44 PM||2141 km||1330 miles||1156 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Wed 1:44 PM||2181 km||1355 miles||1178 nm||SW|
|Suva||Wed 2:44 PM||2456 km||1526 miles||1326 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.