Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 3:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 03:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.09 meters/second, 1613.1 km/hour, 1002.3 miles/hour or 871.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 23.3"||1002.25 mi||West||0° 11' 25.9"||13.09 mi||North||1002.22 mi|
|24 hours||11° 21' 20.2"||783.66 mi||East||4° 23' 12.4"||301.44 mi||North||837.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tofol||Wed 2:34 PM||169 km||105 miles||91 nm||NNE|
|Kolonia||Wed 2:34 PM||583 km||362 miles||315 nm||NW|
|Palikir||Wed 2:34 PM||584 km||363 miles||315 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Wed 3:34 PM||696 km||433 miles||376 nm||SE|
|Kwajalein||Wed 3:34 PM||789 km||490 miles||426 nm||NE|
|Majuro||Wed 3:34 PM||1047 km||650 miles||565 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Wed 3:34 PM||1201 km||746 miles||648 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Wed 2:34 PM||1501 km||933 miles||810 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Wed 3:34 PM||1761 km||1094 miles||951 nm||NNE|
|Hagåtña||Wed 1:34 PM||2218 km||1378 miles||1198 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.