Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 06:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 06:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.81 meters/second, 1612.1 km/hour, 1001.7 miles/hour or 870.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.70 mi||west||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||north||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 27.4"||1001.71 mi||west||0° 11' 19.9"||12.98 mi||north||1001.66 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 14.0"||781.91 mi||east||4° 20' 10.7"||298.00 mi||north||833.93 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Zamboanga City||Wed 2:24 PM||295 km||183 miles||159 nm||NNE|
|Gorontalo||Wed 2:24 PM||485 km||302 miles||262 nm||SSE|
|General Santos||Wed 2:24 PM||491 km||305 miles||265 nm||ENE|
|Marawi City||Wed 2:24 PM||531 km||330 miles||287 nm||NE|
|Manado||Wed 2:24 PM||531 km||330 miles||287 nm||SE|
|Kota Kinabalu||Wed 2:24 PM||579 km||360 miles||313 nm||WNW|
|Davao||Wed 2:24 PM||581 km||361 miles||314 nm||ENE|
|Cagayan de Oro||Wed 2:24 PM||598 km||371 miles||323 nm||NE|
|Palu||Wed 2:24 PM||606 km||376 miles||327 nm||SSW|
|Puerto Princesa||Wed 2:24 PM||640 km||397 miles||345 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.