Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 06:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 06:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.80 meters/second, 1612.1 km/hour, 1001.7 miles/hour or 870.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.69 mi||west||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||north||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 27.5"||1001.61 mi||west||0° 11' 19.5"||12.97 mi||north||1001.56 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 10.9"||781.77 mi||east||4° 20' 00.9"||297.79 mi||north||833.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kota Kinabalu||Wed 2:34 PM||357 km||222 miles||193 nm||WNW|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Wed 2:34 PM||441 km||274 miles||238 nm||W|
|Zamboanga City||Wed 2:34 PM||442 km||274 miles||238 nm||NE|
|Pekan Tutong||Wed 2:34 PM||474 km||295 miles||256 nm||W|
|Kuala Belait||Wed 2:34 PM||520 km||323 miles||281 nm||W|
|Miri||Wed 2:34 PM||547 km||340 miles||295 nm||W|
|Puerto Princesa||Wed 2:34 PM||583 km||362 miles||315 nm||N|
|Samarinda||Wed 2:34 PM||584 km||363 miles||315 nm||SSW|
|Palu||Wed 2:34 PM||603 km||375 miles||326 nm||S|
|Gorontalo||Wed 2:34 PM||634 km||394 miles||342 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.