Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 6:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 06:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.78 meters/second, 1612.0 km/hour, 1001.7 miles/hour or 870.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 27.8"||1001.57 mi||West||0° 11' 19.2"||12.96 mi||North||1001.52 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 07.2"||781.66 mi||East||4° 19' 50.0"||297.59 mi||North||833.53 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kota Kinabalu||Wed 2:44 PM||170 km||106 miles||92 nm||NNW|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Wed 2:44 PM||178 km||110 miles||96 nm||WNW|
|Pekan Tutong||Wed 2:44 PM||207 km||129 miles||112 nm||W|
|Kuala Belait||Wed 2:44 PM||252 km||156 miles||136 nm||W|
|Miri||Wed 2:44 PM||279 km||173 miles||150 nm||W|
|Samarinda||Wed 2:44 PM||558 km||347 miles||301 nm||S|
|Puerto Princesa||Wed 2:44 PM||630 km||391 miles||340 nm||NNE|
|Balikpapan||Wed 2:44 PM||636 km||395 miles||343 nm||S|
|Zamboanga City||Wed 2:44 PM||673 km||418 miles||363 nm||ENE|
|Palu||Wed 2:44 PM||705 km||438 miles||381 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.