Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 11:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 11:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.22 meters/second, 1610.0 km/hour, 1000.4 miles/hour or 869.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||North||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 33.7"||1000.31 mi||West||0° 11' 07.9"||12.75 mi||North||1000.24 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 32.3"||778.78 mi||East||4° 14' 20.7"||291.31 mi||North||828.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galkayo||Wed 2:34 PM||196 km||122 miles||106 nm||NE|
|Mogadishu||Wed 2:34 PM||387 km||241 miles||209 nm||SSW|
|Hargeisa||Wed 2:34 PM||521 km||324 miles||281 nm||NNW|
|Berbera||Wed 2:34 PM||574 km||357 miles||310 nm||NNW|
|Dire Dawa||Wed 2:34 PM||673 km||418 miles||364 nm||NW|
|Bosaso||Wed 2:34 PM||724 km||450 miles||391 nm||NNE|
|Ali Sabieh||Wed 2:34 PM||748 km||465 miles||404 nm||NNW|
|Dikhil||Wed 2:34 PM||764 km||475 miles||413 nm||NW|
|Djibouti||Wed 2:34 PM||766 km||476 miles||414 nm||NNW|
|Tadjoura||Wed 2:34 PM||799 km||497 miles||432 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.