Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 11:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 11:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 447.20 meters/second, 1609.9 kilometres/hour, 1000.4 miles/hour or 869.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 34.0"||1000.26 mi||West||0° 11' 07.5"||12.74 mi||North||1000.19 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 29.4"||778.69 mi||East||4° 14' 08.9"||291.09 mi||North||828.09 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kebri Dahar||Wed 2:44 PM||151 km||94 miles||81 nm||NNE|
|Bardera||Wed 2:44 PM||386 km||240 miles||208 nm||SSW|
|Mogadishu||Wed 2:44 PM||409 km||254 miles||221 nm||SSE|
|Galkayo||Wed 2:44 PM||420 km||261 miles||227 nm||ENE|
|Hargeisa||Wed 2:44 PM||456 km||284 miles||246 nm||N|
|Dire Dawa||Wed 2:44 PM||510 km||317 miles||276 nm||NNW|
|Berbera||Wed 2:44 PM||567 km||352 miles||306 nm||NNE|
|Adama||Wed 2:44 PM||613 km||381 miles||331 nm||NW|
|Awasa||Wed 2:44 PM||622 km||387 miles||336 nm||WNW|
|Ali Sabieh||Wed 2:44 PM||645 km||401 miles||348 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.