Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 12:54:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 12:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 447.05 meters/second, 1609.4 kilometres/hour, 1000.0 miles/hour or 869.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 35.3"||999.92 mi||West||0° 11' 04.6"||12.69 mi||North||999.84 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 09.6"||778.02 mi||East||4° 12' 45.8"||289.50 mi||North||826.83 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Obo||Wed 1:54 PM||56 km||35 miles||30 nm||WSW|
|Yambio||Wed 3:54 PM||202 km||126 miles||109 nm||SE|
|Wau||Wed 3:54 PM||255 km||158 miles||138 nm||NNE|
|Juba||Wed 3:54 PM||525 km||326 miles||284 nm||E|
|Bria||Wed 1:54 PM||555 km||345 miles||300 nm||W|
|Kisangani||Wed 2:54 PM||600 km||373 miles||324 nm||SSW|
|Gulu||Wed 3:54 PM||676 km||420 miles||365 nm||ESE|
|Malakal||Wed 3:54 PM||676 km||420 miles||365 nm||NE|
|Lira||Wed 3:54 PM||763 km||474 miles||412 nm||ESE|
|Ruhengeri||Wed 2:54 PM||847 km||526 miles||457 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.