Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 5:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 17:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.38 meters/second, 1607.0 km/hour, 998.5 miles/hour or 867.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.64 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||North||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 40.0"||998.42 mi||West||0° 10' 52.5"||12.45 mi||North||998.32 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 01.3"||775.49 mi||East||4° 06' 59.5"||282.90 mi||North||821.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fortaleza||Wed 2:34 PM||1162 km||722 miles||627 nm||SSE|
|Belém||Wed 2:34 PM||1220 km||758 miles||659 nm||SW|
|Cayenne||Wed 2:34 PM||1282 km||796 miles||692 nm||W|
|Paramaribo||Wed 2:34 PM||1584 km||984 miles||855 nm||W|
|Recife||Wed 2:34 PM||1742 km||1082 miles||941 nm||SSE|
|Georgetown||Wed 1:34 PM||1912 km||1188 miles||1033 nm||W|
|Praia||Wed 4:34 PM||2112 km||1313 miles||1141 nm||ENE|
|Salvador||Wed 2:34 PM||2172 km||1349 miles||1173 nm||S|
|Bridgetown||Wed 1:34 PM||2181 km||1355 miles||1178 nm||WNW|
|Port of Spain||Wed 1:34 PM||2317 km||1440 miles||1251 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.