Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 6:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 18:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.25 meters/second, 1606.5 km/hour, 998.2 miles/hour or 867.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.64 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||North||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 40.7"||998.14 mi||West||0° 10' 50.2"||12.41 mi||North||998.03 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 51.0"||775.05 mi||East||4° 05' 55.5"||281.68 mi||North||820.99 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saint-Laurent-du-Maroni||Wed 3:24 PM||174 km||108 miles||94 nm||SW|
|Cayenne||Wed 3:24 PM||204 km||127 miles||110 nm||SSE|
|Paramaribo||Wed 3:24 PM||260 km||161 miles||140 nm||WSW|
|Nieuw Nickerie||Wed 3:24 PM||452 km||281 miles||244 nm||W|
|New Amsterdam||Wed 2:24 PM||505 km||314 miles||273 nm||W|
|Georgetown||Wed 2:24 PM||574 km||357 miles||310 nm||W|
|Linden||Wed 2:24 PM||590 km||367 miles||319 nm||W|
|Scarborough||Wed 2:24 PM||989 km||615 miles||534 nm||WNW|
|San Fernando||Wed 2:24 PM||1017 km||632 miles||549 nm||WNW|
|Bridgetown||Wed 2:24 PM||1019 km||633 miles||550 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.