Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 11:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 23:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.37 meters/second, 1603.3 km/hour, 996.3 miles/hour or 865.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.60 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.0"||996.14 mi||West||0° 10' 34.9"||12.12 mi||North||996.01 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 57.1"||772.42 mi||East||3° 58' 50.8"||273.59 mi||North||815.48 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 1:44 PM||3047 km||1893 miles||1645 nm||W|
|Hermosillo||Wed 4:44 PM||3135 km||1948 miles||1693 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles||Wed 3:44 PM||3184 km||1979 miles||1719 nm||NNE|
|Honolulu||Wed 1:44 PM||3311 km||2057 miles||1788 nm||WNW|
|Phoenix||Wed 4:44 PM||3430 km||2131 miles||1852 nm||NNE|
|San Francisco||Wed 3:44 PM||3438 km||2136 miles||1856 nm||NNE|
|Papeete||Wed 1:44 PM||3486 km||2166 miles||1882 nm||SW|
|Las Vegas||Wed 3:44 PM||3521 km||2188 miles||1901 nm||NNE|
|Adamstown||Wed 3:44 PM||3616 km||2247 miles||1952 nm||S|
|Mexico City||Wed 5:44 PM||3625 km||2253 miles||1958 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.