Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 00:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 00:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.21 meters/second, 1602.8 km/hour, 995.9 miles/hour or 865.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.60 mi||west||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||north||16.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.5"||995.87 mi||west||0° 10' 32.3"||12.07 mi||north||995.73 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 50.6"||772.08 mi||east||3° 57' 40.5"||272.27 mi||north||814.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 2:34 PM||1735 km||1078 miles||937 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Wed 2:34 PM||2203 km||1369 miles||1189 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Wed 2:34 PM||2894 km||1798 miles||1563 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 1:34 PM||3675 km||2283 miles||1984 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 2:34 PM||3704 km||2301 miles||2000 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Wed 12:34 PM||3826 km||2377 miles||2066 nm||W|
|Los Angeles||Wed 4:34 PM||3851 km||2393 miles||2080 nm||NE|
|Adamstown||Wed 4:34 PM||3886 km||2415 miles||2098 nm||SSE|
|San Francisco||Wed 4:34 PM||3908 km||2428 miles||2110 nm||NNE|
|Apia *||Thu 2:34 PM||3991 km||2480 miles||2155 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.