Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 12:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 00:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 445.22 meters/second, 1602.8 kilometres/hour, 995.9 miles/hour or 865.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.60 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.5"||995.81 mi||West||0° 10' 32.4"||12.07 mi||North||995.67 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 50.8"||772.03 mi||East||3° 57' 42.1"||272.28 mi||North||814.63 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 2:34 PM||1762 km||1095 miles||952 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Wed 2:34 PM||2224 km||1382 miles||1201 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Wed 2:34 PM||2902 km||1803 miles||1567 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 1:34 PM||3697 km||2297 miles||1996 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 2:34 PM||3718 km||2310 miles||2008 nm||SSW|
|Los Angeles||Wed 4:34 PM||3834 km||2382 miles||2070 nm||NE|
|Baker Island||Wed 12:34 PM||3855 km||2395 miles||2081 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Wed 4:34 PM||3875 km||2408 miles||2092 nm||SSE|
|San Francisco||Wed 4:34 PM||3896 km||2421 miles||2103 nm||NNE|
|Apia *||Thu 2:34 PM||4014 km||2494 miles||2168 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.