Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 12:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 00:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.19 meters/second, 1602.7 km/hour, 995.9 miles/hour or 865.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.60 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.6"||995.74 mi||West||0° 10' 31.9"||12.06 mi||North||995.60 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 49.4"||771.95 mi||East||3° 57' 28.3"||272.02 mi||North||814.46 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 2:44 PM||1517 km||943 miles||819 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Wed 2:44 PM||2037 km||1266 miles||1100 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Wed 2:44 PM||2846 km||1768 miles||1537 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Thu 1:44 PM||3471 km||2157 miles||1874 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Wed 12:44 PM||3594 km||2233 miles||1940 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 2:44 PM||3594 km||2233 miles||1941 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Thu 2:44 PM||3805 km||2364 miles||2054 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Wed 4:44 PM||3977 km||2471 miles||2148 nm||SSE|
|Los Angeles||Wed 4:44 PM||3997 km||2483 miles||2158 nm||NE|
|San Francisco||Wed 4:44 PM||4025 km||2501 miles||2173 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.