Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 01:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 01:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.04 meters/second, 1602.1 km/hour, 995.5 miles/hour or 865.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.59 mi||west||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||north||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 46.2"||995.40 mi||west||0° 10' 29.4"||12.01 mi||north||995.26 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 43.6"||771.57 mi||east||3° 56' 18.8"||270.69 mi||north||813.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 3:34 PM||672 km||418 miles||363 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Wed 3:34 PM||1482 km||921 miles||800 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Wed 1:34 PM||2315 km||1438 miles||1250 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 2:34 PM||2474 km||1537 miles||1336 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Thu 3:34 PM||2903 km||1804 miles||1567 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Wed 3:34 PM||2936 km||1825 miles||1586 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Wed 2:34 PM||3094 km||1923 miles||1671 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Thu 1:34 PM||3196 km||1986 miles||1726 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 3:34 PM||3240 km||2013 miles||1749 nm||S|
|Alofi||Wed 2:34 PM||3300 km||2050 miles||1782 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.