Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 1:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 01:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.04 meters/second, 1602.1 km/hour, 995.5 miles/hour or 865.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.59 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 46.2"||995.40 mi||West||0° 10' 29.4"||12.01 mi||North||995.26 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 43.6"||771.57 mi||East||3° 56' 18.8"||270.69 mi||North||813.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 3:34 PM||672 km||418 miles||363 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Wed 3:34 PM||1482 km||921 miles||800 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Wed 1:34 PM||2315 km||1438 miles||1250 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 2:34 PM||2471 km||1536 miles||1334 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Thu 3:34 PM||2903 km||1804 miles||1567 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Wed 3:34 PM||2936 km||1825 miles||1586 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Wed 2:34 PM||3094 km||1923 miles||1671 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Thu 1:34 PM||3198 km||1987 miles||1727 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 3:34 PM||3240 km||2013 miles||1749 nm||S|
|Alofi||Wed 2:34 PM||3300 km||2051 miles||1782 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.