Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 1:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 01:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.00 meters/second, 1602.0 km/hour, 995.4 miles/hour or 865.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.59 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 46.3"||995.33 mi||West||0° 10' 28.8"||12.00 mi||North||995.19 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 42.5"||771.49 mi||East||3° 56' 04.9"||270.43 mi||North||813.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 3:44 PM||717 km||445 miles||387 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Wed 3:44 PM||1487 km||924 miles||803 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Wed 1:44 PM||2069 km||1285 miles||1117 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 2:44 PM||2313 km||1437 miles||1249 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Thu 3:44 PM||2765 km||1718 miles||1493 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Wed 2:44 PM||2923 km||1816 miles||1578 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Thu 1:44 PM||2983 km||1854 miles||1611 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Wed 3:44 PM||3025 km||1880 miles||1634 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Thu 1:44 PM||3132 km||1946 miles||1691 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Wed 2:44 PM||3199 km||1988 miles||1727 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.