Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 1:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 01:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.98 meters/second, 1601.9 km/hour, 995.4 miles/hour or 865.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.59 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 46.3"||995.27 mi||West||0° 10' 28.4"||12.00 mi||North||995.13 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 41.7"||771.43 mi||East||3° 55' 53.8"||270.21 mi||North||813.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 3:52 PM||817 km||508 miles||441 nm||SE|
|Honolulu||Wed 3:52 PM||1524 km||947 miles||823 nm||NNE|
|Baker Island||Wed 1:52 PM||1876 km||1166 miles||1013 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 2:52 PM||2202 km||1369 miles||1189 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Thu 3:52 PM||2669 km||1658 miles||1441 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Wed 2:52 PM||2794 km||1736 miles||1509 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Thu 1:52 PM||2818 km||1751 miles||1521 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Thu 1:52 PM||2924 km||1817 miles||1579 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Thu 1:52 PM||2999 km||1863 miles||1619 nm||W|
|Papeete||Wed 3:52 PM||3111 km||1933 miles||1680 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.