Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 2:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 17%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 02:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.85 meters/second, 1601.5 km/hour, 995.1 miles/hour or 864.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.58 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 46.8"||994.98 mi||West||0° 10' 26.3"||11.96 mi||North||994.84 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 37.2"||771.12 mi||East||3° 54' 54.8"||269.09 mi||North||812.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Howland Island||Wed 2:34 PM||979 km||609 miles||529 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Wed 2:34 PM||1028 km||639 miles||555 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 4:34 PM||1728 km||1074 miles||933 nm||ESE|
|Tarawa||Thu 2:34 PM||1858 km||1155 miles||1003 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Thu 2:34 PM||1878 km||1167 miles||1014 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 3:34 PM||1933 km||1201 miles||1044 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Wed 4:34 PM||2078 km||1291 miles||1122 nm||NE|
|Funafuti||Thu 2:34 PM||2102 km||1306 miles||1135 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Wed 3:34 PM||2305 km||1432 miles||1245 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Thu 4:34 PM||2427 km||1508 miles||1311 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.