Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 05:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 18%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 05:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.30 meters/second, 1599.5 km/hour, 993.9 miles/hour or 863.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.56 mi||west||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||north||16.57 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 48.4"||993.82 mi||west||0° 10' 17.3"||11.78 mi||north||993.67 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 22.9"||769.93 mi||east||3° 50' 50.3"||264.45 mi||north||809.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Thu 3:24 PM||589 km||366 miles||318 nm||NNW|
|Saipan||Thu 3:24 PM||741 km||460 miles||400 nm||N|
|Palikir||Thu 4:24 PM||1253 km||778 miles||676 nm||E|
|Melekeok||Thu 2:24 PM||1363 km||847 miles||736 nm||W|
|Jayapura||Thu 2:24 PM||1413 km||878 miles||763 nm||SSW|
|Manokwari||Thu 2:24 PM||1771 km||1101 miles||956 nm||SW|
|Port Moresby||Thu 3:24 PM||1997 km||1241 miles||1078 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Thu 5:24 PM||2432 km||1511 miles||1313 nm||ENE|
|Yaren||Thu 5:24 PM||2436 km||1514 miles||1315 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Thu 4:24 PM||2462 km||1530 miles||1329 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.