Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 05:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 18%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 05:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.27 meters/second, 1599.4 km/hour, 993.8 miles/hour or 863.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.56 mi||west||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||north||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 48.4"||993.75 mi||west||0° 10' 16.8"||11.77 mi||north||993.59 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 22.3"||769.86 mi||east||3° 50' 35.9"||264.17 mi||north||809.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Thu 3:34 PM||536 km||333 miles||289 nm||N|
|Saipan||Thu 3:34 PM||739 km||459 miles||399 nm||N|
|Melekeok||Thu 2:34 PM||1097 km||682 miles||592 nm||W|
|Jayapura||Thu 2:34 PM||1306 km||811 miles||705 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Thu 4:34 PM||1518 km||943 miles||820 nm||E|
|Manokwari||Thu 2:34 PM||1565 km||972 miles||845 nm||SW|
|Port Moresby||Thu 3:34 PM||2022 km||1256 miles||1092 nm||S|
|Manado||Thu 1:34 PM||2319 km||1441 miles||1252 nm||WSW|
|Honiara||Thu 4:34 PM||2631 km||1635 miles||1421 nm||SE|
|Manila||Thu 1:34 PM||2646 km||1644 miles||1429 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.