Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 6:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 18%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 06:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.14 meters/second, 1598.9 km/hour, 993.5 miles/hour or 863.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.56 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||North||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 48.8"||993.39 mi||West||0° 10' 14.7"||11.73 mi||North||993.23 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 19.8"||769.53 mi||East||3° 49' 39.3"||263.08 mi||North||808.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Melekeok||Thu 3:14 PM||147 km||92 miles||80 nm||SSW|
|Koror||Thu 3:14 PM||170 km||105 miles||92 nm||SSW|
|Colonia||Thu 4:14 PM||343 km||213 miles||185 nm||ENE|
|Davao||Thu 2:14 PM||1062 km||660 miles||574 nm||W|
|Manokwari||Thu 3:14 PM||1069 km||664 miles||577 nm||S|
|General Santos||Thu 2:14 PM||1133 km||704 miles||612 nm||WSW|
|Hagåtña||Thu 4:14 PM||1177 km||731 miles||636 nm||ENE|
|Manado||Thu 2:14 PM||1391 km||865 miles||751 nm||SW|
|Jayapura||Thu 3:14 PM||1395 km||867 miles||753 nm||SSE|
|Gorontalo||Thu 2:14 PM||1614 km||1003 miles||872 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.